Faces Go Chic Lipstick in Two Timing: Swatches & Review
How many of you here are a fan of orangey red lips you frequently see Deepika Padukone sporting. I am a die-hard fan and almost bought every orange lip home to flaunt but quite frankly failed miserably until I found this amazing orange red lipstick whose shade is hard to describe but easy to carry.
Shade: Beautiful orangey -red that is super gorgeous. It is hard to describe this color except that its the color of maybe ripe tomatoes- the sweet spot between orange and red.
Texture: The texture is semi-matte, soft and is not creamy/glossy. It imparts a polished matte lip with a single swipe.
Pigmentation: Highly pigmented and opaque with an excellent color pay off.
My thoughts: I have pigmented lips and this lipstick does an amazingly great job in covering them without trying hard and just a single swipe is enough to take away my pigmentation woes . Though no tugging is needed for the application, I am somehow prefer to apply this lipstick in dabbing motions as that prevents this from settling in fine lines and also brings out the beauty of the shade perfectly on my lips. I apply it with Oriflame Wonder Color Lip liner Real Red 24038 for that perfect pout.
Staying power: It is non-drying with decent staying power of 3-4 hours without meals after which it fades evenly and leaves a beautiful orangey reddish tint. Fading starts from center of the lips.
P.S: This shade is similar to Rimmel Kate Matte 110 and Revlon Matte Balm Striking. I have added some similar shades in the swatches for you to find the difference between each shade. Hope it helps!
1. Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting finish 109 (peachy orange with no red)
2. Oriflame Wonder Color Lip liner Real Red 24038 (Matte red)
3. Faces Go Chic Two Timing (semi-matte, more orange less red)
4. Revlon Matte Balm Striking (Balmy, semi-matte more red less orange)
5. Lakme 9to5 Red coat (matte, more red barely there orange)
- Unique mix of orange and red shade
- Perfect for day/night/casual and party wear
- Matte and polished finish
- Brightens face and adds instant glow
- Bold shade but can be carried with great ease
- A “GO TO” summer shade
- Affordable Price
- Settles in to fine lines
- May need reapplication as this shade has tendency to fade
- Dry lips may need exfoliation and a lip balm underneath
Rating: A- (Had it not settled in to fine lines, I would have given it A+)
Price: 249 INR for 4.5 g
Will I Repurchase: Again and again!
Recommendation: Faces Go Chic “Two Timing” is a beautiful bright orangey red which is a bold shade but not OTT. It brightens up the face instantly and adds an amazing glow. This is a unique and versatile shade and can be a grand addition to your stash at an affordable price.
See another beautiful Orangey red lipstick for Indian skintones: Mac Scarlet Ibis
Guest Review By Anusha
Follow peachesandblush on Instagram.