My favourite Hair Styling tools!

by Mehak Shahani on July 29, 2014

in Haircare, Reviews

hairstylers

So I spent the better half of yesterday filming for the P&B youtube channel. Im EXHAUSTED guys..Iv teamed up with a company who is going to basically help me produce the videos because if I were to take that on as well, you would probably see a video  in 2016. Im so excited to see how they turn out, but also Im super nervous. Like it was really wierd being on camera, I was conscious and I felt like Im talkin like a TV Anchor which I hate in youtube videos :(  But hopefully all is well  (it better be, I did a whole lot of work for it !)

Do request below and tell me what you want to see on the P&B channel. Iv filmed a couple of tutorials so far and Im hoping those turn out good (fingers crossed).  I am trying to get a hair tutorial out, but Im so apprehensive about it (Im wearing a bun in one of the videos so if you guys like it I shall do a tute on it as well!)

Anyway, coming back to P&B, the blog- which I have been  MIA for (But only because iv been doing background work for content for you people), these are my favourite hair styling tools

1. Philips Kerashine Hair Styler with retractable bristles: I am not a big fan of hair irons, even though I have curly frizzy hair, because I feel like irons just flatten my hair out with no bounce, which is why i like the Kerashine Hair Styler. What it does it gives me straightish hair (just flattens the frizz)with bounce and adds waves at the bottom. Super easy to use- and your hair dont get tangled because it has this switch which retracts the bristles of the brush. Damn cool.

Read review here

2. Panasonic Super  in 1 styler: When i want ringlets I turn to the Panasonic Super Styler. I actually only use the curling rod gadget out of all they provide, so i guess it makes more sense to go buy just a rod , but Iv had this for a while now. I am right now looking for a curling rod with a thinner diameter so I get tighter ringlets, because mine is just a tad bit wider than what I want

Read review here

3. Remington Hair dryer : I like that it comes with a straight nozzle which provides sleeker, shinier hair and it reminds me of those Salon blow dryers which I love. Another reason I love this it because it maintains body but stil makes her smooth and silky

4. Using socks/ fat black rubber bands to curl your hair: We have one tutorial right here on how to curl your hair using socks, and even though I dont do it often, its actually a really neat way to get nice, soft waves. I replace socks with a fat black rubber band that is covered in cloth . Just pile up my hair all inside it and then let loose for natural waves

See tutorial here

5.Plastic Rollers without pins: I have these set of rollers that you dont have to pin in place. They have this kind of welcro or something on them with which they stay in place once you roll your hair. Great for blow drying and adding bounce I say !

Clothes and Creativity July 29, 2014 at 3:19 pm

Where did you pick-up the plastic rollers from? Mine do not really give a ‘curly’ effect, but then again I have straight hair.

Summer and Monsoon Essentials: Beauty, Skincare and Fashion

mily July 29, 2014 at 3:57 pm

my hair is anyways curly/wavy/frizzy…they are still searching for their ultimate goal in life u see..so a mix of everything.. :I

Bonny July 29, 2014 at 4:58 pm

Looking forward to ur channel Mehak.

Lana July 29, 2014 at 5:01 pm

I just use a hair dryer(Salon Style care ION) and hair straightener from Philips! The hair dryer is so amazing, I’ve been using it since 3 years and it still works nicely :)

Naaz July 29, 2014 at 6:23 pm

Looking forward to your channel mehak..can you do a budget makeup video series…

laks July 29, 2014 at 7:09 pm

Can’t wait to see to talking :D

Shailja @BeABrideEveryday July 29, 2014 at 7:53 pm

I use pins with welcro rollers as well.. it helps to form dense curls that stay for long hours !

Chris July 29, 2014 at 8:45 pm

I own a Revlon hair dryer, but I have yet to use it (procrastinator, lol). I use a large Conair round brush to blow dry my hair straight. I also love those butterfly teeth clips that you can use to pull your hair away from your face.

Looking forward to your Youtube channel!

E July 29, 2014 at 9:16 pm

OMG! Finally!! Looking forward to your channel!! I’m sure you’ll be fine! You have great camera presence (interview with Ambika) but also, don’t worry…everyone always improves after their first time.

Would love to see makeup tutorials but also, styling stuff- like sometimes you’re unsure about colours and styles in clothes.

Also, just fun and casual stuff like other vloggers do- Q&A, talk about a topic, a day in the life of Mehak and so on. Allows you to connect better with viewers and I find those channels also tend to do well.

Good luck!

Good luck!!

A Golden Tulip July 29, 2014 at 10:45 pm

I love the plastic rollers, they give me cute curls..and good luck for the videos!

xo

Kamana@SocialandStyle July 30, 2014 at 8:18 am

Looking forward to the P&B YouTube channel! Really appreciate all the honest dedication you put into Peaches and Blush and Wed Me Good. Your commitment is an inspiration and love your work!

Harine July 30, 2014 at 8:34 am

Wow Mehak… waiting for the video!! I prefer the Philips Kerashine retractable one any day…

ramya July 30, 2014 at 10:23 am

waiting for the video mehak

Krupa July 30, 2014 at 12:06 pm

yaay! The P & B channel! Waiting for that..
I have the panasonic 6 in 1 styler. I use the straighter for my bangs and the curler for the ends. I love that it is all in one.

Shivi@COSMOCHICS July 30, 2014 at 1:08 pm

Looking forward to your channel!Would love to see hair tutorials and get ready with me kinda stuff :P
I am searching for a nice hair tool too that can give nice soft curls :)

Priya. N July 30, 2014 at 2:11 pm

that is amazing, looking forward to the videos and tutorials, and also please do some makeup tutorials as well , it will be very helpful to beginners like me. For curls I have tried the socks method and it worked fine for me but I love the velcro rollers more I feel the curls are more uniform and perfectly shaped…but still looking for a good curling wand :)

zooni July 30, 2014 at 3:38 pm

looking forward to your channel
BTW great tip of using fat black rubber band.. ill try that

Swati July 31, 2014 at 12:08 am

I am using the Philips iron and hair dryer the one which have that ion technology and both are working fabulously. Planning to get a curling rod next. Any suggestions?

krithi July 31, 2014 at 10:57 am

looking forward the youtube chanel sweetie :)
Im sure u will do good

Neetu July 31, 2014 at 11:55 pm

This is such an exciting news! Can’t wait for the youtube channel to launch!