The last week has been a whirlwind of weddings, dancing, partying, dressing up and in general letting our hair down in Bangalore and Hyderabad after a VERY long time (Stay tuned to our wedding blog-wed me good because I shall be putting up some outfits guests wore on that space !!) . But here is what I wore to this big fat Bangalore wedding ! It was a semi-destination wedding since everyone was in the same hotel and it was crazy fun, but I have eaten so much food (the families are marwari and yknow how much khatirdari they do for their guests. My stomach is a crazy mix of chaat , churan, spicyness and thai food!)
1. Welcome lunch , casual : The day we landed in Bangalore, we had to go for a quick lunch in the hotel. Nothing fancy, but everyone seemed to be wearing Indian so i changed out of my track pants into this comfy thing. The Kurta is from Fabindia, the gold pallazos are with another suit and the Pakistani dupatta in turquoise Is something I bought to jus throw on some drab outfits to make it more interesting
2. Sangeet: The same night was the sangeet and I did smokey blue eyes, and pastel pink lips to go with this dark blue anarkali (Bought this from GK 1 M Block market underground shops- dont remember the name now). For my hair, I just twisted a strand on each side and pinned it back softly ! Polki earrings and cuff and I was done !
3. After Party: After the sangeet, the kiddos (basically us) had an after party with the DJ blaring so everyone changed into something comfortable. I wore a chikan embroidered kurta that had been gifted to me from Pakistan and paired it with a Pink patiala salwar that goes with another suit
4. The Wedding: If you follow the wed me good blog you would recognise this saree from my sister in laws bridal files (wedding day). I wore it in a different drape at the time, and wore it different this time. Polki earrings and Maang tikka and I was done (though my mom saw my photo and she was like – why are your haath bare?). Sigh. Punjabi moms I tell you
5. The feras: The feras were at 1.30 am so once again, everyone changed up into something light and comofortable. The same Patiala salwar I wore with the beige kurta, also goes with this shaded orange and pink kurta so i wore that. Then i mixed matched the dupatta with it- the dupatta is the same dupatta I wore with the blue suit. Haha ! The kurta and salwar I had told my local darzi shop to make after getting material. Removed the earrings and just let the maang tikka be!
Overall, the hyderabad/ bangalore crowd was so much lighter and less dressed up than the Delhi crowd! A lot of close family would be attending cocktail in simple, elegant anarkalis while in Delhi everything is just super heavy and over the top so it was interesting to see the outfit choices of the guests too!
Follow peachesandblush on Instagram.