L’Oreal Professionnel Mythic Oil Nourishing Masque Review
Thanks to sheer ignorance and incessant straightening, my hair became frizzy, coarse and lacked shine. That’s when I thought of investing into a good hair masque. My first choice was the L’Oreal Professionnel Mythic Oil Nourishing masque. Two months into using the mask, I decided to pen a review.
What L’Oreal claims: Works to balance hair’s natural oil levels by targeting very dry ends to deliver intense nourishment. Hair is left feeling soft, supple and brilliantly shiny.
Argan oil: Used for centuries by Moroccan women, Argan oil is rich in Vitamin E and Omega-3 oils. It easily absorbs into the hair, to deeply nourish and provide control.
Cotton seed oil: Naturally light in weight, this oil adds nourishment and extreme softness to the hair with a weightless finish.
Directions to use: For best results, apply and work into shampooed and towel dried hair. Leave on for up to 3 minutes. Rinse thoroughly.
My take on the product
I have wavy to curly hair which tend to get oily on the scalp but remain dry from the bottom. I tend to gravitate towards masques or conditioners whose consistency is thick and not runny. This one ticks that box.
One just needs to scoop a little potion of the masque for application and I started off by using this product twice a week. Initially, it turned out to be a disappointment, as it did nothing at all to my lifeless hair! It lied on my bathroom counter for a good 3 weeks before I decided to give it a last try. This time around, I decided to keep the masque for a time longer than recommended, i.e. for about 5-6 minutes. I apply the masque from ear down, following the length of my hair, avoiding the scalp area. I could see the quality and texture of my hair improve by the 4th and 5th wash. I never had to deal with tangled hair after shampooing, but this certainly made my hair more manageable and calm. The masque smells like a combination of sweet scents with hints of citrus. Am a sucker for hair products whose fragrance stays for a good 2 days or more. So this one was winner for me.
- Eliminates frizz to a huge extent.
- Doesn’t weigh my hair down.
- The fragrance stays on for a good 2 days.
- Paraben free formula.
- Doesn’t make my hair sticky or greasy. Only a little quantity of the masque is required for application.
- The masque comes filled up till the brim of the tub, which I personally feel, is value for money.
- Meant for all hair types.
- Goes a long way. Can last for roughly 2-3 months.
- The tub packaging is a turn off, as it’s neither travel friendly, nor very hygienic. I’d rather prefer a tube packaging.
- The PRICE!! It could have been a bit cheaper.
- In terms of formulation, I only wish the masque was a *tad* more nourishing.
Price: 850 INR for 200ml
Recommendation: Yes, I’d definitely repurchase it and I’d recommend this masque to individuals dealing with dry hair however put it on for atleast 5-6 minutes before rinsing it off if you want to see real results .
Guest Review By Shreya
Follow peachesandblush on Instagram.