YSL Ombres 5 Lumieres Eyeshadow Palette in #3 Tawny Swatches & Review
What does YSL says? A versatile palette of shadows in four captivating colors and finishes ranging from shimmer to sheen and metallic to matte – and one coordinating highlighter. All shades harmoniously blend to create any look you desire – soft and subtle or dazzling and dramatic – your options are endless. The silky, long-wear formula is infused with an optical smoothing effect that reveals breathtakingly radiant color that looks luminous in any lighting.
What is the similarity between a YSL makeup product & your favourite diamond earrings? They are both bejewelled, and precious items to treasure for life. YSL products are like the show stopper at the end of a fashion line up and this particular pallette is also travel friendly with 2 small brushes (cute brush with YSL logo on them) & a full mirror inside!
Ok! Enough about the outer packing let’s get to the inside!! YSL Ombres 5 Lumieres palette has 5 really shimmery eye-shadows namely (numbered in photo)
- A beautiful orange which looks very pretty!
- A pretty looking gold. But the color is quite light & color payoff not that great.
- An Ivory color with YSL logo, is a perfect eye shadow & also great for inner corners, I use this often!
- This is a pinky peach color, again a very pretty peach color, very wearable!
- A deep brown is best for the outer V and I also love the looks of this color on my whole lid. (Can used for a nice Smokey effect too!)
The entire palette consists of highly shimmery colors. In my opinion this palette is great for festivals & weddings which I have to attend a lot in Nagpur after my marriage! Also this is a very useful palette for me for winter wedding season! But other than that these are not everyday colors for me. But surely great evening party colors! All I can say is all are very beautiful colors as individual, also you can mix and match with this palette!
They are pigmented but you have to really pick a good amount of product on the brush & apply in more quantity, I mean the color payoff is less. The colors surely look very intense but are lighter when applied! We all expect more than that from YSL!
Let’s see how it would fare on different skin tones – this palette is very Indian festive for sure! I am sure these colors would look lovely on fair, medium skin tones & also on dusky beauties!
And here are the pros & cons .
- Pretty colors expect gold (color payoff is not that good)
- Well pigmented & blends in well.
- Stays on for long time
- Perfect colors for Festivals & weddings.
- Color payoff is for gold not as expected.
- Not everyday colors (too much shimmer for day wear)
- Highly expensive
- Cute brushes buy not usable!
Price: 8.5 grams for Rs. 3400 (approx.) in India / $58 on US websites.
Recommendation: It is a good palette but I feel for this price it’s not at all worth it! Also I think the use is very limited. Even though the colors are very pretty, the gold color is disappointing.
Guest Review By Nidhi Mohunta (Skin tone: medium – NC 42, Type: oily – combination, acne-prone)
Follow peachesandblush on Instagram.