Zoeva Naturally Yours Eyeshadow Palette: Review & Swatches
Eyeshadow palettes have always fascinated me. The interesting arrangement of colors, the packaging and who doesn’t like a little bit of glitter? But the application process has always left me a bit confused. No matter how many eyeshadow tutorials I watch on youtube, I always feel a bit nervous while applying eyeshadows. And, also, to be frank, being a college student who is almost always in a hurry, a single highlighter shade is my saviour. But seeing the hype which was being made online about the Urban decay naked palettes made my wish to own a palette stronger but the price was a firm mood dampener. So, in came Zoeva with their Naturally Yours palette which I immediately fell in love with after seeing the swatches online. I instantly ordered it online and fell harder for it after the first application!
The eyeshadows are placed in a sleek cardboard compact which has a magnetic lid. The packaging is not at all flimsy and is sturdy enough for travel. There are a total of ten eyeshadows in the palette and each of them has 1.5 grams of product in it. It contains no parabens, no mineral oils, no fragrances and no phataletes which is a big pro in my opinion. Zoeva also mentions that these eyeshadows are easy to blend, have superior pigmentation and have vitamin E in it.
All the eyeshadows in this palette are extremely pigmented and buttery smooth. I was, actually expecting that there will some powderiness in the matte shades but was thoroughly contradicted. I experienced no fall out at all with any of the ten shades in the palette. The pigmentation is so good that all you have to do is give a single tap of your brush onto the product and you are good to go! The ten shades contained in the palette are:
- Pure: An off white matte shade with excellent pigmentation which I thought would be a bit useless at first, but it makes an excellent base color.
- Soft and sexy: A medium matte brown which may seem ordinary at first but is beautiful worn alone. Pigmented and smooth.
- Smooth harmony: Smooth and shimmery gold with a little bit of silver in it.
- Forever yours: This is the most unique shade in this palette. It is a smooth light brown with a bluish duo chrome effect to it.
- Slow dance: A smooth and pigmented matte brown.
- First love: A pigmented white eyeshadow which can be used as a highlight by lighter skin tones.
- Casual Elegance: A pale gold which is an excellent all over the lid color or as a highlighter for the inner corners.
- Sweet sound: Pure bronze which is absolutely stunning on brown eyes! Smooth and pigmented.
- Lovely Monday: Chocolate brown with a touch of gold shimmer. Ultra pigmented and smooth.
- Timeless chic: Matte black which is sheer but smooth.
These eyeshadows lasted a full 7 hours on me before they started fading away. I did not wear them with a primer underneath as I don’t own one (guilty as charged!). But keep in mind that if you do have oily lids, these may last a lesser amount of time on you.
- Has some unique shades
- Long staying power
- Can only be ordered online
- May be expensive for some
Recommendation: If neutral eyeshadows are your thing and you think the UD palettes are overpriced or if you couldn’t get your hands on them then this is a perfectly good option!
Guest Review By Aruna (Skin type: Dry, Warm, Medium ( C3 in Mac face and body))
Follow peachesandblush on Instagram.