Desert Essence Tea Tree Oil Facial Cleansing Pads Review
Which ingredient is an oily-acne prone-skinned girl’s best friend?? Any guesses?…. Its Tea Tree Oil!!! For all oily skin girls out there, this review is for you! Let’s get into this “seriously” awesome product which is Desert Essence Tea Tree Oil Facial Cleansing Pads. Phew!! That’s quite a mouthful!!
Product Description: A proprietary formula of Australian Eco-Harvest® Tea Tree Oil (sustainably harvested and pesticide free) combined with Organic Lavender, Chamomile and Calendula Essential Oils is the secret to the success of this top seller. Used regularly, these convenient pads help improve skin texture, clarity and radiance.
- Reduces oil that can lead to break-outs
- Soothes and calms skin
- Convenient pads are great for travel or your gym bag
How to use: Cleanse face with Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean Face Wash. Use one or two pads and smooth over face, paying close attention to oily areas and avoiding the eyes. Rinse with cool water and moisturize with Thoroughly Clean Oil-Free Lotion. Use pads throughout the day to clean skin and remove oil. For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. Keep out of reach of small children. We recommend that you test a small amount against clean skin on forearm 24 hours prior to use.
My Experience with Desert Essence Tea Tree Cleansing Oil Cleansing Pads:
My skin is high maintenance. I hate to call it “problematic” because that’s quite a negative word. As I’ve mentioned in almost all my posts that I have oily acne prone skin, taking care and maintaining it is a task. And amidst all the challenges that I face to keep my skin flawless, this God sent product comes to my rescue!! Ok I know, all my reviews so far have been “rave reviews” but whenever I think about reviewing a product, I automatically get inclined towards products that I absolutely love.
Tea Tree Oil is supposed to be very beneficial for oily acne prone skin. It deep cleans the skin and also gets rid of the bacteria or oil present on the skin superficially. I do not have a major case of acne, but I do have occasional breakouts and that’s the time I use this product. This product is very multi-purpose.
- It can be used a cleanser in the morning when there’s no makeup on the skin. Just wipe your face with this pad and apply mosturiser/sunscreen and you’re done.
- It can also be used an exfoliating pad because of its texture, which makes it so convenient to exfoliate the face.
- It also works very well as a toner. Instead of your regular toner, this one can be used while the skin is going through a rough phase.
- It can also be used as an acne treatment before applying night cream and it clears out the small bumps on the face overnight.
- It also works effectively when there are other skin issues like itching, mosquito bite, rashes, etc. because Tea Tree basically kills bacteria. Just take one pad and clean the affected area with it and all the itchiness will subside immediately. Trust me!
So basically, it’s a Cleanser-cum-Exfoliator-cum-Toner-cum-Acne treatment product all in one!!
Packaging: It comes in a very sturdy round plastic jar with a sticker that has the details of the product printed on it. When the lid is opened, it also has a safety seal kind of cover before one can have access to the actual product. The packaging is very safe and you can be sure if it has been tampered with or not.
Texture: The pads do not have an even surface. The surface is kind of embossed like a quilt. I hope I am making sense!! The uneven surface is very beneficial as it acts like an exfoliator.
Smell: It has a very very very overpowering tea tree scent. If you have a sensitive nose, you’ll probably have to stop breathing till the time you’re wiping this pad on your face. No kidding!!
- Extremely multi-purpose
- Does not over exfoliate
- Works to remove excess oil and gunk from the face
- Very sturdy packaging, the jar can be re-used after the pads are used up
- Reduces acne and blemishes very soon
- Travel friendly because you don’t need to worry about it leaking or spilling
- Moderately priced
- Hassel free usage and application
- Can treat major acne issue if used twice daily
- Extremely overpowering and strong scent, oddly enough, I like it.
- Not available in India. I order mine from iHerb.com.
- Not meant for people with normal or dry skin. Actually, they don’t need such a product.
Price: On the Desert Essence Website – $7.99 for 50 pads; On iHerb.com – $5.38 for 50 pads. I got mine from iHerb.com for $4.99 when it was sale. Woo Hoo…
Recommendation: Hell Yes!! Beauties with oily acne prone skin, grab it whenever you see it. You can thank me later. This product is a holy grail multi-use product which is a permanent part of my vanity. Tea Tree is my favourite ingredient and this baby is my most favourite product in my attempt to keep me skin acne free. I also have a backup of this product and I shall repurchase when I am through.
Guest Review By Priya Sinha (Oily skin with occasional breakouts, fair skintone)
Follow peachesandblush on Instagram.