Yesterday, I died and went to heaven. Literally girls, the couture presentation by Anju Modi titled Kashish was full of outfits I would wear in a heartbeat. Layered shararas , pastel blues with butter yellows, flowy lehengas with mixing of prints and texture that only a genius can do. There was hand painted organza dupattas mixed with chikankari veils and velvet skirts. Argh, so lovely. While I shall put those pictures in a seperate post , the makeup look threw up some fabulous products for dusky girls when I read the breakdown.
1. Mac Cherry Lip Pencil provides the perfect red lipstick for duskier tones
Cherry lip pencil used on model along with Miley Cyrus Viva Glam lipgloss
I loved the red lip at Anju Modi. It was so simple, subtle and perfect for duskier skintones. Get your hands on cherry lip pencil now!
2.Mac Mocha blush is a must have
Mac Mocha blush used on the girl on the left
But, I already knew that! Mocha is a sweet, plummy pink which is absolutely beautiful on wheatish skintones. If you are darker than NC 42 then you may want to test if this shows up but seriously girls, if you are somewhere my skintone or a bit darker – Mocha is the blush that goes with everything.
#3 Mac Silverstroke eyeliner and Mac folie make a gorgeous eye
Who knew that silver eyeliner could actually work. Love how the makeup artists used the gel liner almost like an eyeshadow and just blended in Mac Folie with it. So simple!
#4 Soft and Gentle Mineralized Skinfinish is beautiful as a highlighter
Gorgeous, soft, gold sheen graced the models cheeks and the MSF in Soft and Gentle was used here. Loved how even though the highlighter really added the dewyness, the rest of the makeup was totally matte and effective
1. Start with Studio Moisture Cream, a super-rich creamy moisturizer boosted with skin-nourishing extracts including passion fruit, spinach leaf, green tea, algae, wheat germ and coconut. Moistens, feeds, firms and protects the skin and Promotes a healthy radiance
2. Next apply the Studio Fix Fluid Foundation
3. Correct and Conceal using the Pro Concealer and Correct Palette
4. Set the face by using Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder
5. Use the Matte Bronze Bronzing Powder to highlight the cheeks
6. Next apply the Soft and Gentle Mineralize Skinfinish
7. Apply M.A.C Powder Blush in Mocha on cheeks
8. Use Folie eye shadow on eyes
9. Line eyes with Silverstroke Fluidline Eyeliner Gel
10. Next apply the Fascinating Kohl Pencil
11. Use Lash No. 4 for added drama
12. Finish with a coat of Haute & Naughty Mascara on the lashes for extra volume
13. Use Spiked Eyebrow Pencil on brows
14. Line lips with a cherry lip pencil and finish it off with Viva Glam Miley Cyrus Lipglass
Follow peachesandblush on Instagram.