Happy Rakhi Y’all !!!
Just came back from my mums place after tieing rakhi to the brothers ! (FYI- a great gift to give your brothers on rakhi are gift cards from Zara. They pack em up really cutely in a nice little box with a black ribbon. In my house the girls give the boys something too so I gave em zara gift cards and a small packet of M &M’s ).
One of the favourite things I wore this week is what my mum called “a nightsuit” . Umm yeah. Dotted blue pants from Koovs, blush tank top from Zara and open lace vest from Vero Moda.
FYI- this is my new way to do my hair. Because my hair is cut in like a zillion layers, and its in this in between stage of growing out and looking basically like a shabby dog, I do a small puff in the center and then pile it up kind of high at the back to give it some bounce ! I think its a fun, young style and makes me look like I have more hair on my head than I actually have.
Work outfits from left: A red asymmetric hem top from Zara with Jeggings from Forever 21 , Blue shirt dress from Mango, and the last outfit on the right is what the Forever new team styled on me- a black strappy dress and pastel pink blazer both from Forever New.
Rakhi dressing early morning !!! It was too hot to go full fledged Indian, so I teamed a fuschia patiala salwar with a beige kurti I owned.
Other things that happened this week
– We took the entire WMG team out to Summer House Cafe (we are 17 members now OMG).
– I realised that Mac All that Glitters is the ONE eyeshadow I have been searching for all my life. Silly me- it was right there at the Mac store in front of me
– The SA in the Mac Store recognised me, and she was like “I was nervous if I screw up you are going to say – SA was uncooperative” and my job would be over. Dude im not that bad , I told her. Am I?
– Oooh, Sis in law and Mom in law were in town. We bought- 2 major function outfits for her, shortlisted 3 bridal lehengas and placed an order for my own outfit. So much excitement.
– I dropped 1.5 kg on the weighing scale ! Zumba works!
– I came to the realisation that the secret to a happy marriage, is having seperate bathrooms. More on that later.
Follow peachesandblush on Instagram.