If I could get a dime for everytime someone asked me how to apply foundation , I would probably be sitting on a pile of gold sipping my mojito with a mean french manicure. But really, is it about applying your foundation alone, or how you prep your skin before ?
I know it’s kinda inconvenient when you are in a rush but here is how I do it :
When I have 5 minutes to apply foundation:
- Remove existing base or kohl with a cotton ball dipped in makeup remover. Currently using the Kaya one which is nice and mild (1 min)
- Pay special attention to the eyes and try and use a cotton bud , because they tend to deposit kohl from the previous night, and then when foundation goes on top of that, its one hot mess (30 sec)
- Apply Biotique Morning Nectar moisturizing lotion and let it sink in for about 2 minutes (2 min)
- Use my Beauty Blender to apply my liquid foundation (2 min 30 sec)
When I have 15 minutes to apply foundation
- Remove existing base or kohl, and pay special attention to the eyes (1 min 30 sec)
- Apply Biotique moisturizer (2 min application, 3 min leave in)
- Apply primer paying a special attention to nose and chin where I have open pores. I use the Benefit Porefessional one.(1 min)
- Apply Mac Orange Corrector. This has been a huge beauty game changer for me personally. When I apply this around my mouth and eye area where there is darkness, and then apply foundation over it- I get the most even, smooth looking skin. Ill do a seperate post on how I use this in all its awesomeness (2 min)
- Use my Beauty Blender to apply my liquid foundation (3 min 30 sec)
How do you girls prep your skin? Do you think its overrated ?
Follow peachesandblush on Instagram.