If you know P&B, you know we love a bit of quirk in our accessories. Prada-Shrada, when everyone around you is carrying monogrammed canvas, these little cuties are sure to set you apart. Apart from the aesthetic value, our handbags are also very handy :P They hold everything from our smartphones, lip balms, cash, keys to shiny plastic money ! In this feature, we bring you some really funky clutches and sling bags. Grab eyeballs, compliments and jealous looks !
1. To infinity and beyond – Sling bags shaped like planets and rockets make us go starry eyed. So offbeat and fun ! Carry them to college with a plain white tee and denims. Or even a mint dress.
2. Adopt a furry friend minus the commitment. These sling bags are so adorable, they will bring out the animal-lover in you. Dalmations, polar bears or monkeys – take your pick.
3. Vogue + Gold – Almost every girl owns a black clutch. If there is a colour after black that everyone has – its gold ! Blame it on our traditionally Indian genes, we love a bit of bling. Also it works so well with sarees, lehengas and suits. It is only natural then that this list would also include it. This clutch is so chic. The Vogue magazine covers printed on it will woo any fashionista.
4. Cars, kites and pails ! – Are you planning to wear a little black dress (LBD) ? Need a statement accessory to take the classic look up a notch ? Opt for a bright red car handbag ! If you are bored of run of the mill bags and want something really eccentric, how about this one that looks like a kite ? The pail shaped bag with roses will be perfect on a first date. It will work as an ice breaker and a conversation starter :)
5. Interchangeable straps– All of us would love to have a closet full of bags. Or a walk-in closet with one entire wall dedicated to clutches and slings. Until the time this dream turns to reality, why not check out handbags with interchangeable flaps ? One basic bag plus three or four different flaps equals style without burning a hole in your pocket.
Follow peachesandblush on Instagram.