Short on time but still want to look your best ? If you are in a bit of a time crunch, these quick and easy hacks will speed up your beauty regimen.
1. Dry Shampoo – This isn’t a secret, everyone knows that the most foolproof product you can use when you don’t have time to shampoo and condition your hair is using a dry shampoo instead. It removes greasiness and gives some bounce to flat hair.
2. Shortcut Curls – Picture this – Its Sunday morning. Between the hectic week at work and painting the town read on Friday/Saturday night, you’ve missed out on precious sleep. So you hit the snooze button on your alarm and grab some extra shut eye. Only problem is, you’re supposed to meet your friends for brunch and had planned to wear your new summer dress and style your hair into curls. This will need 15-20 minutes you just don’t have. What do you do ? The first option is to section
off your hair and make two schoolgirl braids. Run your straightening iron over each of them. Loosen out your hair for loose wavy curls (Works better if you make braids before going to bed)
The second alternative is to tie your hair into a ponytail. Then create 2-3 sections and curl the length with a curling iron like Philips Salon Stylist Hair Curler or Philips Kerashine Hair Styler. This way you have to deal with a fewer number of sections. Open your hair when done. If the curls feel tight, run your fingers through them gently to loosen them up a bit.
Also read : My favourite Hair Styling Tools
3. Use Fingers – When I wake up in the morning, I’m not alert. I am still half-asleep day dreaming about sleep. You guessed it right – I’m not a morning person. And I cannot deal with stuff like eyelash curlers or choosing the right brush out of the umpteen types at hand. If you are like me then stick to products that come in a crayon or chubby stick form. And those that can be blended easily with your fingers. Try Clinique Chubby stick or the Bobbi Brown Art Stick.
4. Mix Foundation with moisturizer to create your own tinted moisturizer – Just mix your moisturizer with your foundation and voila- everyday pretty . Or just hide dark circles (Bobbi Brown Tinted Eye Brightener) and/or imperfections, use a concealer and set it with powder.If you are in the market for a good BB Cream, check out this helpful analysis – The Best BB Cream in India : Maybelline vs Garnier vs Deborah
5. Grab your kajal and do this – A kajal doesn’t always mean lining your eyes. If you want a quick, barely there but eyes wide open look. Take the kajal and tightline the upperlashline.Tightlining is pushing product into your upper rim. Within minutes, your eyelashes look thicker , your eyes look like they naturally have a liner on them , and you look Insta-pretty. Add mascara and done.
Also read – A no eyeshadow smokey eye tutorial
6. Discover the superpowers of Vaseline – The humble Vaseline can be used as a lip primer, brow gel, highlighter for brow bone and mascara ! If you want to make your eyes look more open and awake and also not deal with mascara clumps – try Vaseline.
You can apply it onto your lashes with fingers or a clean mascara wand. It is said that it nourishes your lashes and strengthens them. Did I mention how you don’t have to spend time removing waterproof mascara at the end of the day ? Win win ! Similarly, a tinted lipbalm can be used as a blush or eyeshadow. A clear lipbalm can be used as a highlighter.
7. Beige / white eyeliner – Lining the lower waterline with a flesh toned,beige or white liner will make your eyes look
bigger and less droopy. For example Maybelline color show Crayon Kohl : Shiny Beige and Lakme Eyeconic Kajal in White.
8. Lip and Cheek stain – This multitasking product (Benefit Posie Tint) is perfect because it adds a natural flush of colour to your lips and cheeks,
does not look made up or unnatural, blends easily with fingers ( Remember Point #3? ) and doesn’t transfer. You can carry it around in your bag for touch-ups if required. Also if you are traveling and don’t want to carry a gazillion products, this will come in handy.
9. Makeup removing wipes – Easy, fuss free and convenient. What’s not to love ? (what, me lazy? ) Keep them close in the morning to correct any mistakes & in your bag throughout the day. You can also use Vaseline to remove lipsticks and eye makeup (another superpower).
10. Discover new uses for household items – Olive oil can be used as a hair serum. Rub a few drops between your palms and apply to frizzy ends of hair. This will tame and condition them. Argan oil is great as a body moisturizer, leave-in hair serum, cuticle oil and under eye cream. Coconut oil doubles up as a makeup remover. If you’re in a rush and can’t find or have run out of your favourite beauty products, these alternatives will help. Also, its a good idea to keep a few multitasking products and reduce the total number of products you use on a daily basis.
Did we miss anything ? Let us know in the comments section.
Follow peachesandblush on Instagram.