Guest review by Surabhi K (Skin type : Combination, Skin tone : Light)
There is something about high-end makeup which always urges me to try out new products and experiment with new trends. But the price range stops me from splurging. I am not a gloss person because they feel sticky on the lips and always move around. I discovered the Estēe Lauder glosses and my perception of them changed completely. I visited Singapore in March and shopped at Sephora where I received an Estēe Lauder pouch as a gift containing its lip gloss. The same night itself I tried it and I was in love !
I got the pure color gloss collection as a gift from a very close friend of mine on my birthday. The collection consists of 6 glosses. From nude to pinks, plum and mauve shades. All the glosses are shimmery. Each tube contains 4.6 ml of product.
The 6 shades in the collection are:
1. Rock candy – The best way to describe this shade is ‘My lips but better’. It is an everyday soft pink but almost looks transparent on the lips leaving the lips moisturized and shiny.
2. Extravagant pink – This shade is lighter than rock candy. It also leaves a transparent look on the lips.
3. Wired copper – This is my favourite shade from the whole collection. It is a perfect nude brown shade with prominent gold-copper shimmer that will flatter all skin tones. It almost looks like a metallic gloss.
4. Orchid passion – A maroon, berry shade. This shade will look good on light to medium skin tones.
5. Magnificent mauve – This shade is very sheer with pink and blue shimmer.
6. Plum divine – This shade is gorgeous with pink and gold shimmer, will work as a lipstick topper very well.
These are very moisturizing, non- sticky and comfortable on the lips. The shimmer in the glosses is not over the top. These glosses stay for a good 2-3 hours or more without eating. The glosses have a very sweet scent to it which is not overpowering.
Packaging : The glosses come in a plastic tube with a golden cap which gives a luxurious look. The wand is very flexible which makes application smooth and precise.
Pigmentation : All the glosses have sheer to light coverage. So they may not work on pigmented lips.
- Feels lightweight on lips
- Moisturising, almost like lip balms
- Non- sticky
- Can be worn alone or over a lipstick
- Shimmer in the gloss is not over the top, gives a luminous shine on the lips (can also be used as a lip plumper)
- Travel friendly
- Very sheer (low pigmentation)
- May not work on pigmented lips
- Average staying power
Verdict : B
Price : Approx Rs.1500 / 6 ml
Recommendation : If you are willing to spend 1.5 k on a gloss then you should really try one.
Follow peachesandblush on Instagram.