Myth : Professional makeup artists love, use and recommend only high end products most of which isn’t available in India (Urban Decay, Nars, Too Faced, Tarte etc) Today we’re debunking this myth with the help of makeup artist Shruti Sharma. This is a list of affordable products she loves and uses on a regular basis. Over to Shruti :
1. Maybelline Volum Express Falsies Mascara (Rs.500) – The wand is slightly curved and that makes it really easy to use around the corners or lower lashes, making them super fluttery.
2. Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner – Black (Rs.499) – Another Maybelline product that’s always in my kit is the Maybelline Gel Eyeliner in black. I love the versatility of this product. It can be used as an eyeliner, kajal or smudged for a super smokey look.
3. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream (Rs.600) – These are so highly pigmented, stay on for a super long time and are so smooth in application. The range of colors is excellent.
4. QVS Brushes (Essential Cosmetic Tool Kit Rs.549) – These are really soft bristled and their sizes are great too! Definitely value for money.
5. Johnson & Johnson Baby Skincare Wipes (Rs.35) – What would I do without these! They are soap or alcohol free making them very mild and gentle on the skin.
6. Bare Essentials Nail Polish Remover Pads (Rs.150) – I always have them in my bag at all times. These are compact and don’t contain acetone making them very mild on the nails and cuticles. If I ever have an ugly nail-paint chipping situation, I take them out and simply wipe my nails clean :)
Follow peachesandblush on Instagram.