Laura Mercier, Chanel, Stila, Becca, Dior, Benefit cosmetics. We’ve all heard these names. Some are on top of our makeup wishlists. Their prices though, they’re quite intimidating. And while we do save up and occasionally splurge on these high end brands, that’s not always possible. So if you’re on the look out for budget friendly options that are just as good, allow us to make your search fuss free! We asked professional makeup artist Tejasvini Chander and she was more than happy to recommend affordable alternatives to her favourite luxe makeup ! Without further ado, here’s a list of expert approved products that don’t cost a bomb.
1) Makeup Forever HD Foundation ($ 43) – A foundation found in most professional makeup kits. It comes with a high quality formulation that gives flawless coverage. A budget friendly product that comes a close second is L’oreal Infallible 24H Foundation (Rs.1325). If you don’t want to sacrifice on quality and also stay within budget, look no further. It has a liquid formulation which is not heavy on the skin and scores full points for blend-ability and wear time. It lasts for hours. Arguably the best drugstore foundation in India.
2) Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid ($ 41) – A high end liquid highlighter that works like a dream giving the face a beautiful radiant glow. It has a lightweight sheer finish which can be built up. The end result is very refined, not over the top. However, if you’re not in a mood to splurge then try Revlon Photoready Skin Lights (Rs.950). It lends a subtle and soft glow to the skin. If you’ve never used liquid highlighters before, this is a good pick to start with. The texture is such that it blends well with base makeup. It won’t disappoint.
3) Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick ($ 24) – The colour payoff of this lipstick is impressive, you only need one swipe! It can doesn’t budge, survives meals and does not require too many touch ups. It gives a true matte finish. Chambor Extreme Wear Transfer-proof Liquid Lipstick (Rs.845) can give high end liquid lipsticks a run for their money. It is a great buy because it delivers on its “Transfer-proof” promise. Available in a plethora of colours, long lasting and amazing pigmentation. It dries down matte and requires an oil based remover to remove it. Bang for your buck.
4) Chanel Translucent Loose Powder ($ 52) gives a natural looking matte finish. The texture of the powder is extremely fine so it doesn’t look chalky or cakey. It keeps oil at bay and makeup intact. But if you can’t get your hands on it then BEN NYE Banana Powder ($ 15) is a comparable dupe. It has a yellow undertone which works well for Indian skin-tones. The powder is finely milled and helps set makeup and keep the face shine free and matte. Definitely worth checking out.
5) Benefit They’re Real Mascara ($ 24) – Its a cult favourite because it adds a ton of drama to the eyelashes. There’s no flaking, no clumping, no smudging – only longer thicker lashes. The catch is that its expensive. Maybelline Volum’ Express The Rocket Mascara ($ 7.77) is a great replacement available at Impressions, Delhi. This provides excellent volume to eyelashes. It works just as well as its luxurious counterparts.
Have you tried any of these products ? Tell us by leaving a comment below.
Follow peachesandblush on Instagram.