Festive season is here and our favourite makeup brand has launched a limited edition Diwali Light Festival Eye Shadow Palette to commemorate the occasion! We’re so excited because this palette includes some of our favourite hues. This is the only palette you’ll need for all the Diwali parties and the upcoming wedding season. Read on for all the deets :
From the brand :
“Look radiant during Diwali with an exquisite limited-edition Eye Shadow x 9 palette. In honour of the joyful holiday, this palette features gleaming hues of gold, red and blue inspired by the flicker of flames and fireworks. Complete the look with a lively flourish of Fluidline Pen or Modern Twist Kajal Liner.”
(Left to right) Top row – Ricepaper, Goldmine and Amber Lights
Middle row – Coppering, Cranberry and Embark
Last row – Humid, Deep Truth and Carbon
- Ricepaper – This is everyone’s favourite highlight color. Its a sheeny, creamy white with shimmer so it works great to be used under the brow, or just bits and bobs to highlight. If you are a pale girl though, rice paper can also double up as a nice all over lid color.
- Goldmine – Its a gorgeous gold. Very wearable with Indian outfits.
- Amber Lights – It is a bright yellow-y gold. Looks great with most wedding fanfare, the shade has a very intense pigment and a oomph that’s perfect for special occasions.
- Coppering – A burnt reddish copper, great for adding depth and a very Indian-bridal color!
- Cranberry – It is a plummy reddish shade with a frost finish and a tiny hint of silver reflects in it.
- Embark – Nice shade for medium to dusky girls. Can be used for brown smokey eyes and as a crease shadow.
- Humid – A deep forest green, and THE green color to pick up if you want a green MAC Eye-shadow. It looks gorgeous on brown eyes.
- Deep Truth – This is the shadow for any type of blue smokey eye !
- Carbon – For all your black smokey eye needs.
Price and Swatches :
The limited edition Light Festival Eye Shadow palette retails for Rs.3100 in India. All these eye shadows are part of MAC’s permanent collection and are also available individually for Rs.1200. The shades have been swatched on P&B before and can be seen here – MAC Eye shadow swatches recap.
What do you think of the MAC Diwali Collection ?
Follow peachesandblush on Instagram.