Umang Vanshika on Youtube (Lip gloss – MAC lipglass in Spite)
All girls with deep/warm skin-tones – this post is tailor made just for you ! We picked the brain of professional makeup artist Umang Vanshika and created a list of 10 lipsticks that work really well on dusky skin-tones. Without further ado, lets give you all the scoop. Over to Umang :
(1) MAC Taupe – If you are on the hunt for a perfect natural or nude lip color then look no further, MAC Matte Lipstick in Taupe is for you. The peachy brown color coupled with the matte finish and a non-drying texture makes it a stunner. Only hitch is it needs to be re-touched every few hours or it can look patchy, but apart from that – dusky girls who are on the hunt for a gorgeous MLBB shade, get this NOW !
(2) Maybelline Superstay 14Hr Lipstick in Lasting Chestnut – A soft brown shade with a mix of peach and slightly red undertones. The colour is such that it will never ever wash out Indian skin tones. On the pigmentation front it scores full marks – just a gentle swipe and you will get a soft hue of colour on your lips. You can also layer it on for intense effect- it will never accentuate the imperfections of your lips.
(3) ColourPop Ultra Matte Lipstick in Beeper – The shade is a warm mid-tone taupe (softer brown). It is a liquid matte lipstick that is transfer proof and lasts an entire day. The formulation is quite lightweight and it retails for $6.
(4) MAC Paramount – A reddish brown from MAC’s satin finish lipsticks. The formulation is quite creamy and doesn’t settle into fine lines. If you like bold chocolate browns, check this out.
(5) MAC Captive – A beautiful pinkish plum shade which is semi sheer and the true color is visible in two swipes on the lips. It glides on easily without any kind of tugs due to its smooth, satiny and creamy texture. A very wearable every day kind of shade – long lasting and beautifully pigmented.
(6) MAC All Fired Up – It’s more of a beautiful deep coral pink. It is from the retro matte collection so it is a true matte. It is not that drying and doesn’t tug or pull on application. It does get drying after 3-4 hours but nothing a bit of lip balm can’t solve. If you are looking or a warm fuchsia lipstick which is long lasting do give it a shot.
(7) MAC Ruby Woo – MAC Ruby Woo is a blue based bright red color. It is a classic retro red which gives that vintage kind of feel and it is a must have in every girl’s vanity. Ruby Woo is such a versatile color that it suits the brightest, the palest, the fairest, the duskiest skin tones. It is one of those classic reds which won’t discriminate how it looks on you. Ruby Woo is extremely pigmented; a maximum of two strokes is good enough to get the opaque finish. The combination of matte texture & high pigmentation makes it a long wearing color. Even though the texture is drying, with proper lip care this lipstick truly makes you stand out!
(8) Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Fiery – The colour payoff of this lipstick is impressive, you only need one swipe! It doesn’t budge, survives meals and does not require too many touch ups. It gives a true matte finish. The colour is a gorgeous red and it retails for $24.
Best Deep Red/ Wine Shades
(9) MAC Diva – An intense reddish-burgundy with a matte finish. It is extremely long wearing and lasts for 6-7 hours. Even-though it is from the matte range it applies smoothly and isn’t overly drying.
(10) YSL Rouge Pur Couture Lipstick in Rouge Saadi – This YSL lipstick is a deep red which is extremely moisturizing on the lips. Extremely pigmented, long lasting and non-drying – what’s not to love ?
Umang Vanshika eats, prays and loves make up, no wonder she turned out to be a makeup artist. An ex MAC artiste, she shares tutorials and pictures of her work on Facebook. You can see more of her work and reviews on WedMeGood.
Subscribe Updates, Its FREE!