Guest review by Anshu Sharma (Skin type- Combination, Skin tone- Wheatish to dusky)
After trying Nykaa Marsala Chai, I was very keen on trying Nykaa’s newly launched Matte nail paint collection. I already have many shades of red, pink, brown in my kitty, so I wanted to try a different and darker shade from the collection. Finally I settled for Black Cherry Pie as I didn’t want to go for a true black but something similar. Nykaa has launched 12 beautiful shades of matte nail polish, 9 of them are pretty pastels and 3 are dark shades.
What Nykaa says about Black Cherry Pie (08) : Up for some dark romance? Our Black Cherry Pie looks so good, that even heaven can’t save you from falling for this dark fantasy. Take matters in your hands and make your wildest dreams come true with this stunning berry hue!
- The exquisite matte-finish nail polish formula guarantees one stroke, high-pigment matte perfection.
- Its superior patented two-fold plasticizer prevents chipping.
- It contains a UV filter that resists discoloration and offers a rich color pay-off.
- Smooth and gorgeous coverage in a single coat and a stunning, plumping effect in a double coat.
- These beautiful shades will make sure your nails are best-dressed always.
My Experience with Nykaa Matte Nail Enamel in Black Cherry Pie
Packaging : These nail polishes come in a frosted square shaped glass bottle that looks quite pretty.
Shade : It is the perfect gothic shade. It is quite a unique color which is the main reason I chose this shade. It is a deep brown shade with a berry tint. After one coat, it looks like a pretty dark maroon. But after two coats it almost looks like a black shade. This is the beauty of this shade. So, its up to you and what kind of mood you are in. You can increase the number of coats to increase the darkness.
After one coat
After two coats
Finish : It gives a perfect matte finish on the first day. On second day, it becomes satin matte (semi-matte). On the fourth day, it was looking like any other ordinary creme finish nail paint. Also, it needed two coats for complete opaque finish and to show the actual color.
Longevity : This nail paint easily stays on for 4-5 days without chipping IF you are not involved in household chores (like washing clothes or dishes). If you do so, you might see slight chipping on the nail tips. That’s what happened in my case.
Consistency : The consistency of Black cherry pie is very thick. The application of first coat was very streaky. The second coat however was smooth and even. This shade is not at all quick drying. It took almost a minute to dry one coat completely. For two coats, it took almost took 2-3 minutes to set completely. So be a little patient or be ready for messy nails and reapplication.
- Beautiful shade for winters, will suit all Indian skin tones.
- Matte finish.
- Easily available online.
- Easily stays for 4-5 days without chipping (if you don’t do household chores)
- Reasonably priced.
- Matte effect doesn’t stay for long.
- Not long lasting when compared to other collections of Nykaa
- Uneven/ streaky finish of first coat ( because of thick consistency)
- Takes a long time to dry (again due to thick consistency)
Verdict : A
Price : INR 199 / 9 ml
Recommendation : I would recommend this beautiful shade for the winter season. At such a reasonable price, one is getting a beautiful shade that stays matte for 2-3 days easily and doesn’t chip for 4-5 days. What more could you want at this price ?
Follow peachesandblush on Instagram.