Guest Review by Anshu Sharma (Skin type- Combination/Dry , Skin tone – Wheatish)
When Nykaa launched its pastel nail paint collection, many bloggers were going gaga over it. Being a nail paint lover myself, I wanted to try it out too. I have wheatish to dark complexion (depending on the weather), so I was a little skeptical about choosing a shade. I finally decided on Marsala Chai which I will be reviewing today :)
Availability : Nykaa.com
Shade : Marsala Chai is a beautiful earthy brown shade with maroon undertones. The colour will suit most Indian skin tones but I feel it is not the perfect brown for dusky girls as I have observed that sometimes it doesn’t look that good on my tanned hands.
Finish and pigmentation : It gives a nice glossy cream finish and is quite pigmented.
Coverage : It gives an even and opaque coverage in one coat. But I prefer two thin coats for an extra glossy finish.
Consistency : It is the right consistency for a nail paint. It is neither too thick nor runny. This makes it very easy to apply.
Staying power : The shine fades after 4-5 days without chipping which is good enough.
Does it stain your nails ? No. It doesn’t discolor your nails afterwards as it contains a UV filter to prevent discoloration and yellowing.
- Gives opaque and even coverage in one coat itself.
- Shade will suit most Indian skin tones.
- Stays on nails for a week easily without chipping (depending on your daily routine)
- Does not discolor your nails afterwards.
- Price is reasonable when compared to Colorbar & Chambor
- Not tested on animals, free from dangerous chemicals commonly used in nail paints.
- May not be the perfect brown for dusky girls or tanned hands.
- Expensive when compared with Maybelline’s Colorshow range.
Verdict : A
Price : Rs. 149 for 9 ml
Recommendation : I really like this shade and wear it often when I get bored of bright reds and berry shades. It is perfect for any season. For the price I pay, this collection is pretty good. Do give it a try, I am sure you will like it. In case you try and like it, do let me know. I’ll be happy to hear.
Subscribe Updates, Its FREE!