Lip products are something every girl loves and uses. Unlike gel liners, contour powders and concealers that require practice, lipsticks and balms can be used by newbies too ! They are easily available in a variety of delicious shades. Today we’re rounding up some of our favourites :
(1) Maybelline Baby Lips Candy Wow in Raspberry (Rs.275) – If you are a college/school going girl who needs a tinted lip balm for your everyday use, this will become your holy grail product as it provides the perfect pigmentation and moisture for your lips without feeling too waxy or glossy. The staying power is a good 3-4 hours which is amazing when it comes to a lip balm after which you need to reapply.
(2) Maybelline Colour Sensational Vivid Matte Lipstick in Scarlet Red (Rs.475) – It is not a flat powdery matte, rather a moist matte and does not set down to a dry flat matte finish. The texture is so nice and smooth that it glides without tugging and pulling. Most hydrating matte lipstick! It has a very hydrating smooth formula which looks matte but stays comfortably on the lips. It doesn’t settle into lines or emphasize the dryness of lips. It doesn’t need any lip balm underneath either. As it is a glossy matte, it tends to transfer and move.
(3) Chambor Extreme Wear Transfer Proof Liquid Lipstick in 404 Fall in Rose (Rs.845) – The texture is very nice and smooth. It is very liquid-y in the tube but as soon as it is applied on the lips, it goes completely matte in a few seconds. It glides like a dream and the color payoff is excellent. Yes, it dries out the lips a bit but not as much as other liquid matte lipsticks. So, a lip balm must be used underneath. It stays on forever and doesn’t budge when it comes in contact with plain water. An oil based makeup remover is the only way to take it off. It doesn’t fade, move around or bleed.
(4) NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Copenhagen (Rs.600) – Copenhagen is a lovely deep red shade but not very vampy. It looks lovely on most skin tones but looks amazing on darker skin tones as it complements dark skin very well. The pigmentation is amazing, a single coat would be enough for most people although two coats makes it completely opaque and brings out its true color. The lipstick stays for around 5-7 hours even with eating and drinking. It fades a little after eating but not too much. The lipstick does transfer a bit while sipping.
(5) Miss Claire Soft Matte Lip Creams (Rs.250-300) – The smell of these lip creams is just like freshly baked vanilla cupcakes. Pigmentation is very good, just one swipe and you are good to go. It stays in place for 6-7 hours, no need of touch ups or reapplication. It is transfer proof. They are a total steal; offering high-end quality at super affordable prices.
Which one is your favourite ?
Follow peachesandblush on Instagram.