High end brands like Chanel, Laura Mercier, Nars and Smashbox cosmetics are on top of our makeup wishlists. Their prices though, promise to burn a hole in our pockets. And while the occasional splurge is okay, we are always on the lookout for budget friendly options. So we asked professional makeup artist Shruti Sharma to recommend affordable alternatives to her favourite luxe makeup and she happily agreed !
1. Estee Lauder black gel eyeliner – The Estee Lauder gel eyeliner scores high on pigmentation, texture, formula and lasting power. It glides on smoothly and is completely waterproof. Maybelline’s gel eyeliner can give any high end gel eyeliner a run for their money. The texture is very smooth & creamy and it gives an intense black matte finish.
2. Nars Sheer Glow Foundation – A foundation recommended by most makeup artists for its flawless finish. The catch is that its pretty expensive. If you’re not in a mood to splurge then try Loreal True match Foundation which has an oil free formula and excellent coverage.
3. Benefit They’re Real mascara – Its a cult favourite because it adds a ton of drama to the eyelashes. There’s no flaking, no clumping, no smudging – only longer, thicker lashes. Kiko Milano Volume and Definition Top Coat Mascara False lashes effect is a great replacement. With a ophthalmologically tested, paraben free formula, this one’s a total steal.
4. Nars Radiant creamy concealer – This concealer is waterproof and great for the summers. It is also paraben free, alcohol free, synthetic fragrance free and non comedogenic. The formulation is so good, you can skip setting it with a powder ! Maybelline fit me concealer is the most comfortable, long wearing, excellent quality concealer in the drugstore category. It works just as well as its luxurious counterparts.
5. Smashbox Iconic Photo Finish Foundation Primer – Lightweight and oil free, this primer is a perfect base for makeup because it evens out the skin so well. Colorbar Perfect Match primer is a great budget friendly alternative for the same. Not only does foundation apply more smoothly, but your makeup lasts longer and your face looks fresher.
6. Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder – Finely milled, sets everything in place without looking powdery or cake-y. NYX Cosmetics Studio Finishing Translucent Finish is a great option to try. This silky smooth powder is more bang for your buck !
7. MAC ruby woo, MAC viva glam and MAC oh honey – Ruby woo is the most popular red lipstick for Indian brides. A budget friendly product that comes a close second is Colorbar all fired up or NYX perfect red. If you are looking for a way to wear a bright red without going over the top MAC Viva Glam will not disappoint. NYX Alabama is a comparable dupe. If you are looking for a budget friendly alternative to MAC Oh Honey, then definitely check out Maybelline raw chocolate. A wonderful nude lipstick with a warm brown matte finish.
8. Chanel Nail color Taboo (shade 583) – Taboo is an aubergine purple with red tones and sparkly shimmer. The consistency is perfect ! Kiko Milano shade 497 comes quite close. Definitely worth checking out.
Follow peachesandblush on Instagram.