Makeup is expensive, so we’re always looking for budget alternatives. Especially when the recommendation comes from an expert in the field. We asked makeup artist Nivritti Chandra and she says, “I am a fan of premium brands like Bobbi Brown and Shiseido. But we all know they come with a hefty price tag which will go even higher when the GST kicks in. So here are some of my favourite luxe lipsticks and their drugstore counterparts :
(1) MAC Spice Lip pencil (Rs.1450) – I love the lip pencil “spice” by MAC and PAC offers an affordable alternative by the name Colourlock Longlasting lip liner in the shade So Spicy (INR 385).
(2) MAC Ruby Woo (Rs.1500) – Almost every makeup artist’s must have. L’oreal Paris Pure Reds in the shade Pure Rouge Freida Pinto (INR 1025) comes pretty close to that red colour with a very slight difference in the texture. I was instantly in love with this red as well. So fresh, radiant and a total bridal must have.
(3) Huda Beauty Liquid Matte Heartbreaker ($ 27) – Liquid lipsticks have just changed the way we use our lip products these days. I’m sure everyone will agree that we are just going crazy over them. A red that doesn’t smear all over, of course we all want that. HUDA beauty has been so kind and given us the “heartbreaker liquid matte”. I just love it. But it’s not available in India so I found the Chambor extremewear transfer proof liquid lipstick in 433 Desire (INR 845) – almost a replica and has a beautiful texture too.
(4) Too Faced Melted Matte in Sell Out ($ 21) – “Sell out” melted matte liquid lipstick is the perfect nude and Lakme 9 to 5 Lip & cheek color in Coffee Lite (INR 575) is a close second. There can’t be any lip colour that gives the exact hint of pink and brown like Too Faced but I’d give Lakme good grades for being close.
(5) Bobbi Brown Art Stick Bright Raspberry (Rs.2600) – Among the more affordable brands, I’m super impressed with Colorbar and the range of stuff they have added to their kitty. Colorbar Matte Touch 34 Pink Hunt (INR 499) could give competition to the the Bobbi Brown “raspberry art stick”.”
Featured Image courtesy – Allure
Follow peachesandblush on Instagram.