There is a new beauty buzzword in town and no I’m not talking about Rihanna’s “Fenty beauty” line (though I will admit those 40 shades of foundations are very intriguing) . The buzz is around two words these days and its called – “Double Cleansing”.
What does it mean ?
Touted as a nightly ritual religiously followed by Japanese and Korean women, this has become the buzzword in skincare off late. Pretty much every dermat we speak to, every K beauty enthusiast and then everything in between is obsessed with ‘double cleansing’. Essentially what you do is first remove makeup / grime / sweat of the day with a cleanser and then top it off with another wash for deep cleansing. Experts recommend you incorporate it in your night time beauty routine so that night creams work their magic better and this ‘do bar, bar bar’ formula is called ‘double cleansing’
How can you try it ?
First cleanse – An oil based cleanser is recommended for step one. You can use organic olive oil, sweet almond oil or products like Clinique take the day off cleansing balm and Kiehl’s Midnight recovery cleansing oil. If you’re wary of oils, use Bioderma / Loreal micellar water.
Second cleanse – A mild foaming facial cleanser should be used for step two. It is not advisable to use an exfoliating cleanser on a daily basis. Girls with dry skin can opt for a cleansing milk and those with oily skin can try a gel based face wash. Neutrogena, La Roche Posay and Kama Ayurveda have some good ones.
Image source The Beautiful Bluebird
- It Removes all traces of makeup, dirt and sebum; thus preventing clogged pores and supposedly leads to less acne / etc etc.
- Removes your makeup remover
- Deeply cleans facial skin so that night time (and anti ageing) skincare products seep / absorb into the skin better
- Helps skin cells rejuvenate when you’re asleep
- Particularly beneficial for girls who wear heavy duty makeup (read waterproof, smudgeproof and transfer proof)
So, what do you think – effective or just a marketing gimmick ?
Follow peachesandblush on Instagram.