Up until a while back, the only question that gave us sleepless nights was – Will the white walkers break the wall ? But now that I know , another much scarier question has taken its place. How to control premature greying and deal with the first signs of white hair ? I put it up on Insta story the other day , and a lot of you guys recommended some really effective stuff on Instagram. These are basically alternatives to hair coloring since only a few strands are out – So we decided to put together some of them for everyone to read.
Image via Flip and Style
(1) Radhika Suneja suggested the L’Oreal Paris Magic Retouch Instant Root Concealer that retails for 600 and comes in 2 shades – Black and Dark Brown.
- The Pros – Easy to apply – just shake the bottle, spray and let dry. It is fuss free and a great quick fix when you’re short on time and just have a few stray white hair to cover.
- The Cons – Unusable in the rainy season, all the colour will wash off. It lasts only until you rinse your hair (temporary colour).
Image via Posherry
(2) Another P&B reader, Harsha told us about the Kama Ayurveda Organic Indigo powder that can be purchased for 545 from their official website.
- The Pros – Completely chemical free and hence good for your hair. You only have to mix water to create a paste. It is used with henna so you don’t get the orange effects of henna afterwords.
- The Cons – To be used in conjunction with henna (detailed instructions can be read here.)
(3) Next up we have Shatabdib, who told us about this technique called Balayage. Basically its a hair coloring technique which is more natural and low maintenance than the normal procedure – usually used when doing Ombre hair. It is applied by hand so make sure your stylist is experienced in this technique.
- The Pros – When done properly, it accentuates your features. The technique does not discriminate on the basis of hair length or type.
- The Cons – It might dry out your hair like any other coloring technique and does nothing to prevent greys / white hair in the future
Image via In Life Healthcare
(4) If you’re looking for a home remedy, then this video shows how to prepare an all natural hair dye using coconut oil, curry leaves and amla. Rakhi sent this in.
- The Pros – All ingredients can be found at home and are beneficial for your hair.
- The Cons – Can take up a bit of time (and effort) to prepare and results are not scientifically proven though a lot of people claim it works and the time taken to see results is over months so like…who has that kind of time?
Follow peachesandblush on Instagram.