When I was a kid, christmas meant going to see the decked out christmas trees at all the star hotels in Delhi. Now, that I’m no longer a kid (though In my brain I’m still 12), christmas means making fun of other women looking like christmas trees . Ok no, I’m being mean…christmas means brunches, family time and a whole lot of party makeup. Im talking glossy, bright lips, the glowiest highlighters and the sheeniest blushes to kick things up a notch for the holiday season. Here are my favourites. (Some of the names are linked to their reviews so click away)
Favourite Red Lipsticks
- Smashbox Bad Apple Liquid Lipstick: I never thought a glossy, deep red would be my thing but Oh. My. God. This is seriously the sexiest, glossiest red lipstick with a deep, almost evil feel to it. No kidding, I feel borderline wicked when I wear this on. The color is a deep, blood red.
- Mac Relentlessly Red – A watermelon pink with reddish undertones. Bright, gorgeous and gives power- woman vibes without being intimidating because its equal parts pink and equal parts red . Only glitch is that its drying.
- Colourpop Bumble: Favourite , most versatile color ever. This isn’t really red but more like a soft, brick kinda color for the girl who is too scared to wear red but wants to ease into it. I wear it with everything- for work, to parties, with nude eyes, with smokey eyes- you name it.
- Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Serum Foundation – Coverage, blend-ability and longevity – it scores high on all three. As an added bonus its hydrating with an SPF of 40 doing away the need of moisturizer and sunscreen !
- Mac Face & Body – The formulation is lightweight and doesn’t look cakey at all. The coverage is buildable and it photographs beautifully (even with flash at night). This has been a favourite for years as it doesn’t dry out the skin.
- Bobbi Brown Long wear Even Finish Foundation – It gives a soft matte finish, evens out the skintone, hides acne marks and lasts a long time. Girls with dry skin- you MUST use a very good moisturizer before applying !!
- Wet n Wild Precious Petals Highlighter – It is hands down one of the best highlighters in the market (at an affordable price of 499). It’s not chunky glitter but such a pretty sheen that can give luxe highlighters a run for their money. Should I do an indepth on these? Lemme know
- Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick – Fine shimmer with good colour payoff. It can also be used as eyeshadow or blush. If you have large pores, look elsewhere as this can definitely accentuate them.
- Smashbox LA Lights Blendable cheek color: Another beautiful highlighters for your cheeks to pop during the holiday season.
- Mac Mocha – Super finely milled and matte blush that gives a natural, earthy flush to the cheeks. It is a plummy dusty pink that looks amazing on medium Indian skintones. Again, a blush I wear with pretty much everything
- Mac Peachtwist – A beautiful peachy orange with subtle gold shimmer. It is a great option for dusky girls as it gives a sunkissed warm glow.
- Dior Show Mascara: I only got this recently and I cannot tell you just how amazing this is. It lengthens as well as adds volume and no clumps!
- Maybelling Falsies – It curls, it lengthens and it also adds volume. You do have to be careful not to apply too much as that may lead to clumping of lashes.
- Mac Expensive Pink – Perfect for parties and weddings as its very flattering on Indian skintones and will go with almost every outfit. Extremely pigmented and long lasting peachy gold eyeshadow with a duochrome finish.
- Mac Woodwinked – The most gorgeous golden bronze eyeshadow – great as an all over lid color for a bronzey look or as an outer corner color for a neutral everyday look. I love how buttery and silky it feels when you apply it!
- Mac All That Glitters – A pearl finish eyeshadow that’s a stunning peachy rose gold shade. The texture is velvety; the colour super pigmented and no creasing whatsoever.
Follow peachesandblush on Instagram.